Monday, April 2, 2007

I made a lot of new friends this week!

My students took me on the road to a couple of events this week. Friday morning we went to Tulsa Engineering Challenge. They all just called it TECh. Boy, there were a lot of smart kids there! Kids from the middle schools and high schools around Tulsa were there. There were competitions all around me. When they were between events they came to visit. I think a couple of kids just sat inside for a while because they were tired. I tried to talk them into bringing me some pizza, but nobody listened to me.

That afternoon my students drove me back home to HMW. I got a quick nap (it had been a long day) and then a group of high school girls came in with some of my students. These girls spent a lot more quality time with me. I really think we've bonded. They looked me over top to bottom. They spent a lot of time sitting underneath me asking my students to name my parts. A little creepy, if you ask me.

No comments: